Check out these 5 easy ways to say “Thank You!” to all of the people who make it possible. You couldn’t do it without them!
• • • • •
Over the course of the year, we work with dozens and dozens of donors and volunteers who generously give their time, money, energy, creativity, and enthusiasm to a variety of worthy causes. Whether it’s community groups, charities, PTAs or PTOs, schools, shelters, teams, or service projects, these organizations and causes could not do what they do without the kindness and dedication of the committed group of donors and volunteers who support them. During this time of the year when we reflect on all that we are grateful for, it is important that you reach out to say “Thank You!” to those incredible people who make it all possible.
Here are 5 easy ways to say “THANK YOU!” to those amazing supporters so they know just how much they are appreciated:
1. Send them a handwritten note. In today’s electronic world, you’d be surprised how far a handwritten note goes to show someone you care. Taking the time to write a personalized note on a beautiful card or piece of stationary and thanking them for their kindness means a lot. Be sure to share how their efforts made an impact on others so they know how they made a difference. Better yet, include a note written by someone who was directly impacted by their generosity and thoughtfulness.
If you are a crafter, Kristine at kwernerdesign.com has an easy to follow video tutorial for how to make these really beautiful “Thankful4You” cards from materials found at any craft store. What a special way to say thank you!
2. Send a photograph showing the impact of their efforts. Whether it’s a photo of a rescue dog at the shelter they supported, the new playground at the public park, the stocked shelves at the food pantry, or students enjoying the new books purchased with funds from the Fun Run, a physical reminder of the impact of their investment is memorable.
3. Deliver a tasty treat. There are lots of fun and creative ways to say “thank you” with food (always one of our favorites at BIG!). Pintrest is a fabulous place to start looking for some really great ideas. There are also lots of creative bloggers out there to explore. Here a few fun ones we found:
We really like Karrie’s It “mint” a lot thank you gift idea from her website HappyMoneySaver.com. She even includes an adorable printable page for the labels so that you can download and print them for free to make your gift giving even easier.
If you’re looking for a FUN idea, check out Desiree’s post at The 36th Avenue. She includes both free printables AND the recipe for these crazy, colorful cookies!
4. Create a video. Using something as simple as your smart phone, you can create a custom video to upload to YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook showing the impact of your efforts. You can email the link to the video with a personalized note of thanks. We LOVE this video created by California-based OneJustice as a thank you to their supporters.
5. Don’t forget social media! Be sure to thank your followers as well as your donors and volunteers. Put up a video, photos, or interviews with people or organizations that have been changed thanks to their support. Thank them for following you, sharing your posts, re-Tweeting, and spreading the word. Social media is a critical part of your success – be sure your followers know just how important they are!
It is vital that your donors, volunteers, and followers know that their investment of time, energy, money and support in your organization are appreciated and effective in making a difference. It is part of building the relationships that are at the core of your success. Take the time during this season of gratitude to say “Thank You” for all that they do.
For more creative ways to say thanks, be sure to check out our post Give a Little Thanks.
Do you have ways you like to let your supporters know how much you appreciate all that they do? We’d love to hear about it!